Minor & Major Injuries

Minor Injuries

Where to go?

bandaging_armWe would like to remind you that minor injuries can be dealt with at the following places:

  • Minor Injuries Unit (Stroud General Hospital, Trinity Road, Stroud GL5 2HY. Tel: 0300 421 8080)
  • Emergency Department (Gloucester Royal Hospital, Great Western Road, Gloucester GL1 3NN. Tel: 0300 422 2222)
What are considered minor injuries?

The following are regarded as minor injuries, and can go to any of the above places:

  • Cuts & bruises
  • Sprains
  • Small burns
  • Foreign bodies
  • Head injuries where the patient has not lost consciousness
  • Any injury which you can’t deal with yourself at home

Major Injuries

What are considered major injuries?

The following are major injuries for which you should attend your nearest Emergency Department:

  • Overdoses or accidental poisoning
  • Larger burns or scalds (more than 3 cm/1 inch diameter)
  • Smoke or fume inhalation
  • Sudden collapses or falls in public places
  • Heavy bleeding
  • Blows to the head with loss of consciousness
  • Suspected fractures

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website