If your doctor regularly prescribes for you, he/she may feel it is appropriate to offer the facility to allow you to obtain further supplies of your medication without having to see him/her on every occasion.
All prescriptions are now on computer, and with every repeat prescription issued there is a tear off slip on the right hand side of each prescription which has your name, address, computer number and a list of drugs prescribed. Please tick off the items you require. If you have lost your slip, we can provide a replacement when you visit the surgery. You may obtain authorised repeats by any of the following methods:
- Using our on-line ordering facility - please see our Home page for full details
- handing in a list of the repeats needed in reception
- faxing it through on 01453 833833
- write in with a stamped addressed envelope, and the prescription will be sent back to you
- Many chemists operate a prescription collection service. Please ask your pharmacy if they offer this service, and advise the practice if you wish to take advantage of it
We do not accept telephone requests for repeat prescriptions unless you are housebound. In this case, please call during the afternoon if possible to make your request.
Due to the volume of requests our GPs require a minimum of 48 hours to process a prescription request. It is your responsibility to ensure that you order your repeat prescriptions in good time. Please note that a prescription to be collected by the chemist may take a little longer as there is only one collection each day from the surgery.
If you wish a friend/family member to collect prescriptions for you from us, you will need to complete a permission slip for our records.
More and more prescriptions are now being sent electronically. If you have regular prescriptions you can opt to have them sent electronically to the pharmacy of your choice. For more information, please read the leaflet below.
Electronic Prescription Service factsheet